Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Music: Patient - Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass

I went looking for new music this morning, but this time I used a brand new technique, one I've wanted to try for a while now.  My favorite online tool: the random word generator.*  Just hit the "new word" button and you're off.  Today's word was "patient."  From here, I went to Facebook and searched for "patient, band."  Three results came up:

The first was a band called "Kill the Patient."  They describe themselves as a two-piece emo rock band.  Unfortunately, they just formed last week and have yet to produce any music.

The second result was a band called "Patient Patient."  These guys have actually produced music and have posted four of their tracks on their facebook page.  They're three dudes from the NW who describe their music as indie, melodramatic pop rock.  I could have easily made them today's featured artist, but they're a little too similar to my last new music post, Maps and Atlases.  If you dug M&A, you'd probably enjoy Patient Patient as well.  So check them out.

I kept digging and found one more "patient" band on Facebook.  Hailing from Roch-Town, NY, "Index Patient" claim to play "an epic mix of original music to make a positive impact on the world."  Translation: they're Christian rock with influences including POD, Hoobastank and Incubus with a splash of Tool.  I'm sure one day I'll be posting a Christian Rock band on here..... but not today.

Today, we're going industrial instrumental, because after meandering over to Myspace, I found a band called "Patient" (It doesn't get more perfect than that) who creates music described as "dark electronic/dark ambient."  I'm on track 6 now and I gotta say, I'm digging it.  At the least, it's great background music to listen to at work during the month of October.  It's creepy, yet I'm still bopping my head.  The obvious comparison to NIN must be made, but that may just be because I have little knowledge of this genre as a whole.  The only Industrial album I ever owned was Gravity Kills self titled album (Exp. 3/5/16).

Apparently "Patient" is one dude, Frank Palmezzano, who writes, produces and mixes everything.  He has a website where you can download four full-length albums.  For today's post, I chose the one with the creepiest title.  An obvious Wonderland theme, AATtWG has track titles including "A Grin Without a Cat" and "House of Cards."  Enjoy!


*My old coworkers and I would often hold DJ hour on slow days where we'd play music inspired by a specific theme.  These themes were usually chosen via the Google Random Word Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment