Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sorry, Charlie. Ween - The Pod

Released on Shimmy Disc, Sept. 20, 1991
As indicated on the Ween Facebook page, today is the 20th anniversary of the band's second album, "The Pod."  It's also the first record to expire since starting this project that I listen to on a regular basis.  As I've mentioned before, Ween is my all time favorite band and getting rid of any of their music is a painful yet necessary thing to do.

I knew last night that I'd be expiring this album, so I grabbed my iPod and listened to thePod one last time before falling asleep.*

You could classify their entire catalogue of music as "weird", but "The Pod" may be the weirdest of the bunch.  

I've still got plenty of Ween left to enjoy.  "Pure Guava" doesn't expire until next November.  Yay!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to delete these songs from my iPod and iTunes.**

*Unfortunately, I fell asleep about halfway through.  
**The music is backed up on my hard drive.  I'm not deleting it for good.  I just can't risk these songs popping up while on shuffle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment